Re: Apply "pending" patches

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Apply "pending" patches
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 16:56:57 -0700

On 04/09/2012 01:46 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> If you have a fix for a bug marked "pending", you might like to apply it
> to the trunk now:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?tag=pending;package=emacs

Thanks for reminding us.  I'd like to apply the pending
integer-overflow patch <http://debbugs.gnu.org/9874#37> but have not
yet done so because when Stefan announced the emacs-24 branch, he
wrote "please refrain from installing pervasive changes" into the
trunk.  I wasn't sure whether the integer-overflow patch counts as a
pervasive change: although it affects only files under src/* it does
affects several dozen of them.

Since Chong recently installed into the trunk a patch (bzr 107813)
that affects many more files than the integer-overflow patch, perhaps
the pervasive-change restriction doesn't simply mean "a change that
affects a lot of files".  If so, I'd like to install the
integer-overflow patch after a bit more private integration testing.