Re: Release branch plans

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Release branch plans
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 09:17:52 -0400

>> But that depends on not forgetting to install it on both sides, which is
>> error prone and is more work than installing only once on the release
>> branch and merging later since merging can be batched and largely automated.
> How is it more error prone or more work?

I think that's pretty obvious: more error prone because you have to
remember to do it (and since the branch wouldn't be merged, you can't
use "bzr merge" in the usual way), and more work because it can't
be batched (i.e. it's 2*N work, as opposed to N+M where M is the number
of times you decide to "merge from branch").

        Stefan