Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:51:04 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I already suggested a possible improvement (not a solution) about
>> this: have a different feature freeze window for modules and for Emacs
>> core, but got 0 answer.
>
> I may have replied elsewhere.  The way I see it, Org should be taken out
> of `trunk' and instead the Emacs release should include a set of ELPA
> packages (including Org).

If people continue fixing things in ELPA instead of fixing them in Org,
we have the same 2-way sync challenge.

IMHO this move would just send a signal to Emacs devs "do not try to
fix this, it's just an ELPA package" -- which does not so good to me.

I'd rather stick to the current situation where I get blamed for my
laziness in merging "the proper way", while still having vigilant people
like Glenn, Paul, Juanma and others fixing stuff in Org :)

After all, Org is in a pretty good shape right now in trunk.

--
 Bastien