From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: "Loading"
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:38:30 +0100

shr downloads images asynchronously, but there isn't anything to say
"we're still downloading".  I think there should be.

shr just inserts a "*" character as a placeholder now.  Perhaps it would
make sense to insert an animated image instead displaying a "loading"
symbol?  Or we could go old style with a spinning - \ | / - thing.

This is obviously not for Emacs 24.1, but here's my question:

The main problem is actually knowing when to stop animating.  Currently
url-queue just kills off processes in a variety of situations, but it
should probably call the callback anyway, with an error condition
instead.  However, Emacs 24 is in a feature freeze, and I don't think
rearranging the kill-off/callback thing can be considered a bug fix.

Or can it?  `url-retrieve' calls the callback on most (all?) situations,
and `url-queue' is supposed to be like `url-retrieve', but on the
timeout/kill-off/callback issue it isn't.