Re: Pretest note

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: Pretest note
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:31:25 +0100

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you have ImageMagick installed, then I think emacs will build with
> support for it.  So you might also want to say --without-imagemagick.
> Ditto for --without-rsvg.

Thanks Tassilo.

I don't have imagemagick or rsvg installed, but I'll add it to the list
just in case I ever happen to build on a system with.

Updated and cleaned up linux opts:
--without-selinux  --without-dbus --without-gconf \
    --without-gsettings --without-sound --without-xft --without-gpm \
    --without-tiff --without-jpeg --without-gif --without-png \
    --with-x-toolkit=no --without-gnutls --without-xml2 \
    --without-rsvg --without-imagemagick

Added --without-libxml2 to the Mac configure settings:
CFLAGS=$CFLAGS CC='gcc -arch i386' ./configure --with-ns \
    --without-gnutls --without-xml2

> That said, if you don't open images/SVGs, neither one should be the
> cause of the leak.

Makes sense.
I do wonder how --with-ns is able to make use of XPMs without linking libXpm
according to the autoconf results reports.
Should I add the same --without options to the --with-ns build?
autoconf doesn't indicate to add support for those libs but apparently
Cocoa has other means to indireclty make use of them via ImageKit or
whatever the library is called.