Re: Setting bidi-paragraph-direction in comint modes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Setting bidi-paragraph-direction in comint modes
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:01:23 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:49:18 +0800
>
> Like I said, it's simply `ls /usr/share/doc'.

You mean, the insertion of the next chunk of text that arrives from
`ls'?

> You say that there is "some minor slowdown": that's the same slowdown
> I'm referring to, I think.  On my machine, the performance difference
> with and without bidi-paragraph-direction is extremely noticeable.

Can you quantify it?  Like, how much time it takes to insert the first
2000 lines vs the last?

I didn't look at the insertion itself, I tried the various cursor
motion commands _after_ the output from `ls' was already in the
buffer.  Do you see the "crawl" there as well?