Re: Included libraries in the Windows binary distribution

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Included libraries in the Windows binary distribution
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:45:19 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The question is: why does it even try to find it?  And the answer is
> that Emacs unconditionally calls xmlCleanupParser on exit, and that
> call tries to load the library.
>
> I will fix that.

Aha! Something else I noticed that seemed odd. Sometimes during
compilation the output looked like this:

Call to emacs to compile el file
Wrote blabla.elc
libxml2 library not found
libxml2 library not found
libxml2 library not found

I.e. there were multiple calls to find the library right after
another. If the call to the library was on Emacs exit, I am wondering
why it was even started after the first call, since it did not report
that any elc file was written. Just thought I bring it up. Perhaps we
have some unnecessary invocations of the executable during bootstrap?

>> Use libxml-parse-(xml|html)-region.
>
> Yes, that's how I tested it.
>
> These functions are slow, btw.

I tried it and it seems to work fine.

Are there any real-world applications for this? Can I read HTML email
with gnus now?! :)

Some test case like that would be nice. Other than that I am ready to
ship the libxml2 support with the weekly snapshots after the patch
hits the trunk.

Christoph