Re: Included libraries in the Windows binary distribution

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: Included libraries in the Windows binary distribution
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:27:04 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Right.  Please install this:
>

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/libiconv/libiconv-1.13.1-1/libiconv-1.13.1-1-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma/download

OK.

>> Should these dependencies be included in your libxml2 download?
>
> I'd rather not.  As much as I hate requesting users to download
> dependencies, I'll have to punt in this case: the above tarball
> includes more than just one header file, and is really needed if one
> wants to link against libxml2.  (Emacs doesn't link against the
> library, but that's not the usual case for library users.)

No problem. It is not that big of a deal.

> I will add this requirement to the relevant README files, including in
> Emacs.

Thanks.

So I successfully compiled with the patch and the libraries, however
during bootstrap I got "libxml2 library not found" all over the place
during compilation of elisp files. It shows up after compilation of
every single .elc file. Is this expected? I don't have the
binaries on the path anywhere. Just wondering where this output is
generated.

Example output during compilation:
"./../src/oo/i386/emacs.exe" -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp -f batch-byte-
compile quail/greek.el
Wrote d:/devel/emacs/emacs-bzr/libxml2/leim/quail/greek.elc
libxml2 library not found
"./../src/oo/i386/emacs.exe" -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp -f batch-byte-
compile quail/cyril-jis.el
Wrote d:/devel/emacs/emacs-bzr/libxml2/leim/quail/cyril-jis.elc
libxml2 library not found

Also, once I have compiled support in, how can I test it?

Thanks.

Christoph