Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Tabs are ready? -> Let us give a definition of tabs.
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:17:57 +0100

> This makes no sense alone ; it is in connection with the same tab .  This
> is just other event for the same tab.

What are the events you envision for one and the same tab ...

>> In which sense do your tabs differ from menu or toolbar elements?  You
>> can easily add a menu element to save the current window configuration
>> or pick one of a list of earlier saved configurations to restore that.
>>

> You cannot at all define menu or toolbar buttons which respond to standard
> events , at which tab widgets shoud respond.

... and what is a "standard event" in this context?  And why can a
toolbar button not react to such a standard event in the same way?

>>From what you say, it is worth seeing how to define the tabs as
> tab-objects, as I said, such that they can be buffue-local when desired.

And window-local.  I think that for two different windows the sets of
buffers you might want to switch to would differ according to the
buffers shown in the respective window before.

martin