Re: Tabs are ready?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tabs are ready?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:22:39 +0200

> Whatever implementation will be , it must define the events as elisp
> functions ; even after the creation of a tab, there must be an event that
> calls a lisp function.

In http://bzr.sv.gnu.org/lh/emacs/x-tabs I added a new frame parameter
`tab_bar_lines' that holds a keymap with items bound to Lisp functions.

But now I tend to try side windows and atomic windows because
frame-level features (like a frame parameter or native GTK tabs)
are of no help for implementing per-window tabs.