Re: bug#10385: e binding in info-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bug#10385: e binding in info-mode
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:55:39 -0500

    > We are not bureaucrats, we are developing software to be useful for
    > users and to give them freedom.  We follow certain practical practices
    > because they are generally helpful, but they are not imposed by gods.

    I doubt anyone disagrees with that.  Just how is it relevant here?

You are askig for certain procedures to be followed rigidly.  We use
those procedures to smooth out the problems caused by removing a feature
that people really use.
If it looks like Info-edit is rarely or never used, we don't need to
follow them rigidly for Info-edit.

We are not manufacturing medicines here.  Even if we make an error, the worst
that happens is inconvenience.  A small chance of a small inconvenience
is not significant.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation