Re: Ubuntu 10.0: TERM=Linux: facemenu steals arrow keys

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 10.0: TERM=Linux: facemenu steals arrow keys
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 22:30:32 -0500

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:
[Your original CC to emacs-devel had an incorrect address, so I got a
bounce, this is a resend]

> Ithought Ihad said in my original note that the problem only
> showed up if TERM=linux -- which the default on the Linux
> console.

But that only happens on your machine when you use
loadkeys emacs2

right?

On my Fedora machine "loadkeys emacs2" does not change the what the
arrow keys emit.

> I've already fixed it for myself locally by defining
> \M-OA  and friends in my function-key-map --- but Istill think
> facemenu.el should be fixed for the general user.

The problem is that on your machine what the arrow keys emit does not
correspond to the "linux" terminfo entry (terminfo expect \e[[A whereas
the terminal emits \eOA).  So emacs is confused.
Once that confusion is resolved, facemenu.el would just work.