Re: Update on the Emacs release schedule?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Update on the Emacs release schedule?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 15:10:38 +0800

> Are we getting much closer to the Emacs 24.1 release date?  I think that
> Emacs is looking pretty solid, and I'm kinda wondering what we're
> waiting for.  :-)

We are getting closer indeed, but the documentation updates are not
done.  We're due for another pretest, but there are a couple more
off-list issues I'd like to wrap up first.

As for the code, there are still a number of issues that need more
attention, most prominently the mysterious memory leak(s) that may or
may not involve Gnus and/or GnuTLS and/or Mac OS X.

By the by, could someone please take a look at this Viper bug?