Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:26:17 +0100

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:
> There are some nice things (like CFFileDescriptor) in CoreFoundation
> that isn't available at the Cocoa level.  It just occured to me that something
> useful could be found here.  CoreFoundation is not available for GnuStep.

Does the NS port have to have 1:1 support of OSX and Gnustep?

I'd argue that OSX should be a priority of the NS port due to the
reportedly incomplete and unsatisfactory state of the Emacs.app
on OSX. That doesn't mean I'd like to see Gnustep be a lesser port.
If we want to keep and use the NS port for OSX, we should strive
to make it as best as possible while we keep the Mac and Aqua ports
out of the tree.

Anything wrong with that?