Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:32:27 +0200

> Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:21:54 +0100
> From: Carsten Mattner <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> >> I hope the crash didn't vanish just due to differences in the generated
> >> code.
> >

> > This may be the case.  It may be an optimization issue.
>
> I hope it's not and I can reproduce it for pinpointing the faulty piece of
> code.

I hope so, too.  But if it turns out you do need an optimized build to
reproduce the problem, reconfigure using

 CFLAGS='-O2 -ggdb -g3' CC='gcc -arch i386' ./configure --with-ns \
     --without-gnutls --enable-asserts

and rebuild.  It will be harder to make sense out of backtrace and
variable values that way, but we may have no choice.