Re: M-x in shell after emacs --daemon

From: Dimitri Fontaine
Subject: Re: M-x in shell after emacs --daemon
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:19:21 +0100

>     This is when running on Linux.
>
> I thought that was not possible.

I believe it is.

  http://bellard.org/jslinux/tech.html

  Linux distribution

  I compiled a 2.6.20 Linux kernel (I guess any other version would work
  provided there is still an FPU emulator). The Linux kernel
  configuration, patch and the source code of the Linux starter (kind of
  BIOS) are available: linuxstart-20110820.tar.gz.

  The disk image is just a ram disk image loaded at boot time. It
  contains a filesystem generated with Buildroot containing BusyBox. I
  added my toy C compiler TinyCC and my unfinished but usable emacs
  clone QEmacs. There is also a small MS-DOS .COM launcher I use to test
  the 16 bit emulation with a tiny .COM program to compute pi and a
  small self-assembling assembler for MS-DOS.

Several components here are licenced under the GPL, but that does not
make them GNU projects, this linux is running fine and is not GNU/Linux.
Your argument about calling the OS GNU/Linux would stop being fair
should you fail to get your facts right.

Regards,
--
dim