Re: prog-mode not available in earlier Emacsen, need help with cfengine.

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: prog-mode not available in earlier Emacsen, need help with cfengine.el
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 10:39:37 -0500

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 21:06:42 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:

TZ> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:57:36 +0100 Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:

RS> Please don't define/defalias prog-mode, because other code might test
RS> for (fboundp 'prog-mode) an expect a real prog-mode.

TZ> Understood, thanks!

I did this as suggested.

The cfengine3 project now has the compatibility version of cfengine.el,
tested back to Emacs 23.1 (btw, did you know you can't even compile 23.1
on Ubuntu 11?).  I'll keep the two in sync as much as possible and
encourage cfengine3 Emacs users to upgrade to Emacs 24 where
cfengine3-mode is built-in.

Thanks
Ted