Re: Indentation and visual-line-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Indentation and visual-line-mode
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:49:34 +0100

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 10:34, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in some document that's written by me and others, the convention is that
> every paragraph is written on one line, probably because the others
> don't use emacs and their editors have no equivalent of `M-q'.
>
> Checking the docs, I think something like that can be achieved using the
> variables or text properties `line-prefix' and `wrap-prefix', but what
> is a stretch-glyph?

I think I have told here that there is and have been for several years
a minor mode in nXhtml that does this: wrap-to-fill-column-mode.

I have attached an image of how it can look in org-mode. There are two
lines in this image, one in org-mode itself and one in a comment in
org-mode. Both are wrapped the way you want it.