name prefixes [was: epa command names]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: name prefixes [was: epa command names]
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:26:51 -0800

> The only drawback I see is that the command names are not
> natural; thus, remembering them is extra work.
>
> Shall we give them aliases without `epa-'?  For instance, define
> `mail-encrypt' or `encrypt-mail' as an alias for `epa-mail-encrypt'?

Alas, this is a bane of 3rd-party Elisp code.  That vanilla Emacs might suffer
now and then from a convention it promulgates is, well, just desserts. ;-)

Instead of allowing Emacs to flout its own guidelines, we should put in place a
real module/package/namespace system - e.g., using qualified names, where
qualifiers are separate from the names they qualify (so they can be changed
later).

Common Lisp offers one (good) approach.