Re: Some MacOSX build related questions

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Some MacOSX build related questions
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:45:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Gao,

> 1) In nextstep/README, it states MacOSX supported are 10.4 and up.
> I suppose this is official. (It must be)

Yes.

> 2) Considering 1), some code that checks MAC_OS_X_VERSION > 1030 or <
> 1040  or even < 1020 seems not necessary anymore.
>
> 3) For same reason, is MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED >=
> MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_4 check necessary anymore?

You are probably right here.  The decision to terminate Panther support
was made officially, but the code was never updated to clean out that
support.  In addition to the macros you point out, I believe there are
some code blocks that can be removed.

> 4) MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_x (3, 4, 5, 6 at present) are defined in nsterm.h
> and some other files. Is it necessary? Is it enough as nsgui.h does? (as
> below)

I am not sure on this one.

> 5) In nsimage.m, it has 'onTiger' check (defined in nsterm.h). If
> official support version is 10.4 (Tiger) and up, this seems not
> necessary anymore.

Yes, see above.

thanks,
Adrian