Re: Git mirrors

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Git mirrors
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:41:17 -0400

    How does it help the Free Software cause to privilege projects over
    other Free alternatives putting merit aside just because they have the
    GNU label sticked on them?

1. It makes the GNU Project as a whole more successful and thus more
influential.

2. Encouraging the success of a DVCS that allows GPLv3, over one that
doesn't, promotes GPLv3.

There are probably other reasons that don't come to me at the moment.

We would take the same stand on the Hurd vs Linux, if the Hurd were as
usable as Bzr is.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation