Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint

From: chad
Subject: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:18:21 -0700

On Oct 13, 2011, at 6:13 AM, Carsten Mattner wrote:
> "opening and closing" means loading some source file (C, Erlang,
> Text, Haskell, M4, something else) and maybe erc-tls. Then after nuking
> all buffers and emacs using minimum 100 megs I wondered why no
> gc kicked in to reduce it by at least 30 megs (random number).

A shot in the dark: Emacs' use of gnu-tls libraries is relatively new;
can you reproduce the behavior without invoking the tls libraries?
For example, try an emacs without using erc-tls, (and without gnus
or w3, if you use those)?

If you use recentf, then you can mine 'recentf-list (or ~/.recentf) for
a list of files to load that probably just involve programming modes.

*Chad