Re: Killing a frame sometimes kills emacs

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Killing a frame sometimes kills emacs
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:38:02 -0400

TH> So as soon as I mix these two invocation styles, (x-display-list)
TH> returns (":0" ":0.0").  Those displays are different, and when I
TH> delete the last frame on one of the (equivalent) displays, emacs
TH> (including the original frames on the other displays) are killed.

It seems, then, that emacs needs to canonicalize the DISPLAY strings
before comparing them.

I thought that I remembered some some code in libX11 and/or xtrans
which does that, but a quick grep(1) did not illuminate any.

(Apologies for the pun.  Err, was that another one?)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6