Re: smtp crap

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: smtp crap
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:47:55 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong and Lars, any objections to changing the default value of
> send-mail-function to mailclient-send-it for MS-Windows only?

I don't think `mailclient-send-it' is a very satisfactory solution for
sending email.  It pops up a different mailer, and the user has to take
actions there, too, to actually send the mail.

And it doesn't support MIME, so you can't add attachments, and so on.

mailclient makes Emacs into a second-rate mail client, which seems
unfortunate as a default.