Re: Should undefined behavior be encouraged in Emacs?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Should undefined behavior be encouraged in Emacs?
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 02:27:38 +0900

John Wiegley writes:

 > Well, I don't use C-x C-x, I use C-u C-SPC, but maybe I'd like to
 > bounce back, and in that case having the region re-highlighted
 > seems... odd.

Well, I've found that the "bounce back" case usually involves using
information that I know is at mark to do editing at point or vice
versa.  Thus C-x 2 C-u SPC, which allows me to refer to related
information nearby without more bouncing (at least for a couple of
changes.

Again, I'm not denying the validity of your statement.  Just that I've
found a pattern I like even better, that "just happens" to leave the
behavior of C-x C-x as it currently is.