RE: `isearch-allow-scroll' - a misnomer and a bad design

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: `isearch-allow-scroll' - a misnomer and a bad design
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 06:22:28 -0700

AFAICT, we are all agreed with the proposal to put this under user control, by
providing an option.

Richard (and possibly others?) disagrees that the default value of the option
should let `C-u' pass through - he prefers that the default value exit Isearch.
But he has agreed with giving users the option.

At this point, my concern is that we get the option into Emacs now, regardless
of the default value.

Can we please commit Alan's patch before the pretest?  Use whatever default
value you want, but let's please let users control this now.  Thx.