Re: First attempt at package-update-all for package.el

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: First attempt at package-update-all for package.el
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:05:20 -0700

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Donald Curtis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I know there is a feature freeze but one of the most requested features
> (myself included) seems to be an "update" for packages in package.el.

For the record, this is a commonly-requested feature where people ask
"why doesn't it do this?" and the response is generally "I dunno, but
it shouldn't be hard to implement; why don't you try?" =)

Would be great to get this in once the feature freeze has melted.
What's the procedure for handling patches in this situation? Just ask
the author to re-submit after the release?

-Phil