Re: Slow/poor responsiveness in org files

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: Slow/poor responsiveness in org files
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:20:52 +0900

Hi Tim,

On 08/18/2011 02:56 PM, Tim Cross wrote:
About a week or so ago, I updated emacs from bzr and saw that org 7.7
had been merged in. Since then, I have also noticed a distinct delay
when performing various editing operations within org files. For
example, killing a line wiht C-k in an org mode buffer is taking about
4 seconds!

This might be not related to your problem but by any chance are you running the linum mode (displaying line numbers on the left side of the buffer).

I notice that this plays not well with the folding mechanisms of org-mode. Switching linum mode off and the pointer movement as well as folding/unfolding within the file becomes again very responsive and fast.

Thought this might be interesting to know...

Totti