Re: Uhm... weird frame behaviour

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Uhm... weird frame behaviour
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:32:57 +0100

On Mon 12 Sep 2011, martin rudalics wrote:

>>> Which function does `q' run?
>>
>> `gnus-group-quit'.
>
> Which ends up calling `kill-buffer'?

>>> It's probably because the frame in question didn't show another buffer
>>> before.  Which buffer did you expect it to show after typing `q'?
>>
>> Any random buffer.
>
> So you wanted to show a random buffer as placeholder.  A buffer you
> didn't intend to view or edit.

I think Lars would like the previous behaviour, where some buffer is chosen
for display (which buffer is not important).

I'd like this fixed too, as frames being randomly deleted is
disconcerting to say the least.

>> Killing a buffer has never deleted a frame before.
>
> See the thread on bug#9419 for an explanation and how to
> disable the behavior.

Emacs previously did not delete frames is this way, so it is a
regression and thus a bug to be fixed.

If configuration is required to fix this behaviour, then the default
setting is wrong and needs to be changed.

    AndyM