Re: Segfault in vertical-motion

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Segfault in vertical-motion
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 19:55:11 +0200

>> I have to bisect my customizations first to know what's really
>> causing it.  This will take some time :-(
>
> It may be a better idea to step through Fvertical_motion and see who
> garbles the iterator object.  It could lead us to solution faster and
> more reliably, since you say the crash is 100% reproducible with your
> ~/.emacs.

I tried but gave up.  Fvertical_motion is too complicated for me.

Attached find a minimal file I can use to reproduce the crash here.
Start emacs with -Q -l ../foo.el (adjusting the location of foo.el in
the expression at the near end of foo.el

(with-current-buffer (find-file-noselect "../foo.el")
  (goto-char (point-min)))

to your needs), do C-x 2 followed by C-n.

Note that most of the apparently silly ingredients of foo.el are
necessary, in particular the comment at the top must be wider than the
width of the window, (some of) the mode-line stuff must be here, the two
customizations are needed, and bidi-display-reordering must be nil.

If you can't repeat the crash immediately tell me before wasting your
time ...

Thanks, martin