Re: emacs-20110822 windows binaries

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: emacs-20110822 windows binaries
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 00:46:06 +0200

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 20:07, Sean Sieger <address@hidden> wrote:
> The trunk was built and runs successfully on Windows.  Binaries have
> been published in
>
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

Hi Sean,

Currently, you identify your builds by date (e.g. "20110822"), which
is reasonable, but I wonder if it would be be even better to use the
bzr revision ID instead (e.g. "r105534").

That way, we would know exactly the version we are running.  Even if
someone wants to know the date of the build, one easy and quick way to
get it would be to look at the zip file creation date.

Well, I leave here my suggestion, and thanks for your time.

--
Dani Moncayo