Re: Slow/poor responsiveness in org files

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Slow/poor responsiveness in org files
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:53:01 +1000

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> OK, will do.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
>> As Bastien indicates this is a known problem, I will assume there is
>> an existing bug report and won't create a new one. I will post my
>> results back here. Given the combinations to test, this will take some
>> work and some time.
>
> Please first try what Antoine suggested.
>
>> One question I do have, how do I run emacs bzr trunk with org 7.4? Is
>> it sufficient to just ensure some 7.4 load directory is  first in the
>> load path?
>
> I think so.
>
>> Also, what is the url to get 7.4?
>
> http://orgmode.org/org-7.4.tar.gz
>
> Or get Org from git:
>
>  ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
>
> and checkout commit 597e2863377fb8763cf6951e3b4e777b4616300d
>
> HTH,
>
> --
>  Bastien

OK, will try to do later this weekend. Was going to check the bidi
settings first as the changing of the default for bidi mode and the
merge of 7.7 occured quite close - probably within the same update for
me. I am a daily org user and had not noticed any performance issues
with 7.4.

Need to wait until my work completes the current major system update
outage to get access to my large org file that I want to test with.
Should be able to do this tomorrow.

Tim

P.S. I did notice no significant performance problems with very small
org test files. It would seem you need to cross some size threshold
before you notice the performance impact.