Re: Reminder about feature freeze

From: Dimitri Fontaine
Subject: Re: Reminder about feature freeze
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:51:22 +0200

Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> writes:
> So as I understand it we are now in the feature freeze.  I have a minor
> addition (feature) for rcirc that I'd like to push.  It adds the option to

Allow to jump on your thread here. I have fixes for rcirc WHOIS
handling, and it's short enough not to require papers AFAIUI.

(defun rcirc-handler-generic-whois (command process sender args text)
  "generic rcirc handler for WHOIS related commands"
  (let ((nick (cadr args))
        (mesg (mapconcat 'identity (cddr args) " ")))
    (with-current-buffer (rcirc-get-buffer-create process nick)
      (rcirc-print process sender command nick mesg))))

(defun rcirc-install-whois-handlers ()
  "Install rcirc-handler-XXX for WHOIS related protocol messages"
  (dolist (cmd '(311 312 313 317 318 319 330))
    (let ((name (intern (format "rcirc-handler-%d" cmd))))
      (fset name `(lambda (process sender args text)
                   (rcirc-handler-generic-whois
                    ,(number-to-string cmd) process sender args text))))))

Currently rcirc is able to print a whois whenever you open a query to a
user, but not when a user opens a query to you — that open a new buffer
but it's quite impossible to have WHOIS printed here.  I call it a bug.

Once those two functions are installed, patching rcirc so that is
actually pre-fill a new query buffer with WHOIS information for a new
query being targeted to its users should be easy.

Regards,
--
dim