Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 23:13:18 +0900

Ulrich Mueller writes:

 > For UnicodeData.txt one could even argue that it falls into this
 > category because it's freely available and used unmodified (it's also
 > part of the "miscfiles" package [1] that I believe is installed on
 > most GNU/Linux systems).

Unfortunately, no, that doesn't work without specific guidance from
the relevant copyright owner(s).  Specifically, it *is* part of the
work.

Absent a clear declaration to the contrary from the FSF's lawyer, I
would say David's is the conservative position, and I'm surprised that
Richard doesn't see it that way.  I can't reverse engineer his
statement to get the logic that led to it, but I might be missing
something.