Re: Memory leak due to bidi?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Memory leak due to bidi?
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 20:48:07 +0300

> From: Antoine Levitt <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:04:12 +0200
>
> 04/08/11 18:30, Eli Zaretskii
> >> From: Antoine Levitt <address@hidden>
> >> Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 18:00:04 +0200
> >>
> >> I couldn't find if someone tried it, so just in case, another data point
> >> : it just happened to me with (setq-default bidi-display-reordering nil)
> >
> > Thanks.  In what revision did this happen?
>
> Bzr pulled from yesterday, can't remember the exact rev.

Okay, thanks.

The code that calls bidi_shelve_cache and bidi_unshelve_cache runs
even when bidi-display-reordering is nil, so at least that code is not
off the hook yet.  Although I've been running Emacs with that code
instrumented (see the patch I posted yesterday) on 2 different
machines for many hours, and find the allocation balance to be zero
all the time and the memory footprint reasonably low (e.g., the
session where I'm typing this runs for 25 hours, and its memory usage
is 116MB).