Re: other-buffer advice on kill-buffer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: other-buffer advice on kill-buffer
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:03:22 -0400

> There is one special case where being able to add advice to more
> functions, especially some primitive ones, accessibility. At least two
> packages written to make emacs accessible to blind and vision impaired
> users achieves this through advising functions. Currently, there are a
> couple of places where accessibility is limited because of the problem
> of advising primitive functions. So, adding this ability would likely
> benefit at least one group of users and do so without any issue for
> other users.

Making all calls from C go through the symbol's function field rather
than calling the C function directly, so as to make advice work right,
is unlikely to happen any time soon.
But if you have specific requests of particular functions which might
deserve such a treatment, we might do it (tho it'll probably depend on
the specifics).
After all, I did do such a change myself for `expand-abbrev' in the past.

        Stefan