Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: Mohsen BANAN
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:52:04 -0700

James,

I think we are talking about two different things.

The topic here is not paragraph direction.
The topic is alignment.

Eli described it in full, the summary is:

 Eli> To fix the alignment, you need to append the LRM to each subject:

Separate from that, the gnus-summary-line-format
should remain customizable. On a larger screen, mine is:

 (setq gnus-summary-line-format ":%U%R %B %s %-60=|%4L |%-20,20f |%&user-date;
\n")

That means, directionality can be triggered by
different fields.

Until it is possible to fully localize Gnus/Emacs,
bidi-paragraph-direction for Summary should *always*
be left-to-right. No questions there.

The topic is alignment. The way to do it is LRM
as Eli described.

...Mohsen