Re: tramp does not work when using athena

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: tramp does not work when using athena
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:06:09 +0200

Michael Albinus writes:
> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ralf Schmitt skrev 2011-06-27 10.26:
>>
>>> One more info: Running emacs inside gdb makes my tramp work reliably!
>>
>> Sounds like a timing problem.
>
> Likely not. Ralf has performed more tests (communicated off the list);
> the problem is the (missing) tty.
>
> We are working on a solution.

Hi Michael,

are there any news on that front? I'm afraid I'm struggling with the
same problem on GNU/Linux with a Lucid-build. While using 'sshx' works
in principal, it fails to use a shared ssh connection, which is pretty
important for me when using Tramp in eshell, otherwise it's just too
slow. (Emacs/GTK works fine, though.)

-David