Re: gtk scroll bar: upstream bug report

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gtk scroll bar: upstream bug report
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:04:04 +0900

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>> I got the impression that scrollbars is even further away from the
>> Emacs model nowdays.  The minimum size requirement for the scroll
>> bar thumb is more common with new fancy themes.  The Emacs model is
>> simply incompatible.
>
> How is it incompatible? There were many positive suggestions in that
> old thread.

Certainly the impression I got from the old discussions was that it
wasn't so much that it was _difficult_ to support the Emacs model, but
rather that they wanted to _prevent_ apps from using such a model
because they thought it was bad (for the user?).

-Miles

--
Friendless, adj. Having no favors to bestow. Destitute of fortune. Addicted to
utterance of truth and common sense.