Re: something recently broke dired for dirs that begin with a space

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: something recently broke dired for dirs that begin with a space
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 22:15:10 -0400

address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:

> M-! mkdir " SPACE" RET
> ^X ^F . RET
> then try to visit the " SPACE" dir with "f".
>
> I get "dired-get-file-for-visit: File no longer exists; type `g' to
> update dired buffer" in *Messages*.
>
> Clear enough?

Fraid I can't reproduce it.  Please follow the procedure that Glenn
said: copy the text of M-x report-emacs-bug and send it to
bug-gnu-emacs.  For one thing, that text will include information that
is likely relevant, such as the system on which you are running Emacs.

> I can't use report-emacs-bug because there's no email on the machine
> where my emacs is running.

BTW, with the latest changes in trunk, it should be easy to get SMTP
mail running; then you can send mail from Emacs (unless the machine has
no net connection at all).