Re: The art of closing bug reports

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: The art of closing bug reports
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 21:02:24 -0400

>> I am a bit disturbed by bug reports that are closed without much
>> effort trying to understand if the bugs are still there.

There is also an "art" to opening bug reports. It's well documented, and
many people manage to do it. I'm sorry to say, but some bug reports are
of such low quality that they essentially have no value. Leaving them
open does nothing except dilute attention away from other reports where
progress can be made.