Re: server-eval-and-print only returns non-nil values

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: server-eval-and-print only returns non-nil values
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 02:52:45 +0200

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 15:57, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's possible that such a change will break some scripts here and there,
> but that may not be very likely...

If they break, is because they are using undocumented behavior,
because AFAICS neither "emacsclient -h"

  -e, --eval              Evaluate the FILE arguments as ELisp expressions

nor section 38.2 "`emacsclient' Options" of the Emacs manual

  `-e'
  `--eval'
       Tell Emacs to evaluate some Emacs Lisp code, instead of visiting
       some files.  When this option is given, the arguments to
       `emacsclient' are interpreted as a list of expressions to
       evaluate, _not_ as a list of files to visit.

say anything about return values.

So I think I'll check in the change and wait for the breakage.

    Juanma