Re: completion-list-mode-map

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: completion-list-mode-map
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:00:33 -0600

Stefan,

On 6/28/2011 9:04 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Indeed I think it hasn't and I can't find it in my mailbox.  Can you
resend it.
Did you ever get the patch from Wojciech?

No, but I also still don't see him in the list of copyright assignments,
so IIUC we're still waiting for his paperwork to go through.

I am taking a look at this issue now since I want to get this fixed for Emacs 24.

There is a TODO item says "Convert modes that use view-mode to be derived from special-mode instead".

In order to figure out which modes need to be converted, is it OK to search for modes whose mode-class has been set to special?

For example:
(put 'completion-list-mode 'mode-class 'special)

Should all of these modes be derived from special-mode?

Christoph