Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:29:19 +0200

Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden> writes:

> Sending an email results in Emacs hanging. Ctrl-g aborts, then the
> trace buffer shows:
>
> 220 mx.google.com ESMTP a9sm4719085icy.18

And that's all in the buffer?  Then that must mean that
`open-network-stream' doesn't even recognise the end of the greeting,
for some reason or other.

Could you try

(setq debug-on-quit t)

and then `C-g' when it hangs and mail me the resulting backtrace?

Sending via smtp.gmail.com works for me, for what it's worth.  But I
haven't tried from Windows.  But I do have Windows virtual machines set
up a work that I could try tomorrow.  Are there any nightly Windows
builds that I could install easily?