Re: [ELPA Submission] OpenDocumentText exporter for Orgmode

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [ELPA Submission] OpenDocumentText exporter for Orgmode
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 04:08:01 +0530

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I hope you would consider my request of having the org-odt tarball in
>> GNU archives. The advantage would be that more people could discover it
>> and test drive it.

> So I'd urge you to work with the Org guys so as to get the needed
> changes accepted quickly, and if adding the remaining file doesn't suit
> them, we can definitely distribute it as a separate GNU ELPA package.

Based on your feedback, I am making available a new
org-odt-20110626.tar. This package is dependent on org-20110626.tar or
later.

Update your package-archives as below

(("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
 ("jambu" .
"http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/packages/";))--8<---------------cut
 here---------------end--------------->8---

The package has just 3 files:
1. org-lparse.el
2. org-html.el
3. org-odt.el

All three files are new files.

As Bastien indicated in this thread, all the above files will NOT make
it to Emacs proper during the Org-7.6 merge. It may be part of Org-7.7
release which (going by Org's release cycle) is atleast another 3-6
months far away.

The intention of this tarball is to make the OpenDocumentExporter
available for wider audience. The package will disappear once the above
changes get incorporated in to the regular org-YYYYMMDD.tar builds.

README is here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/packages/README.html

Tarball is here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/packages/org-odt-20110626.tar