Scope of variables in configure

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Scope of variables in configure
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:25:42 -0600

Well, if I define the variable in configure file

cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
#define _NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS     1
_ACEOF

the configuration is successfully. This variable is necessary to
GNUstep. But then with "make bootstrap" I get an error produced by the
missing of this variable. So, what is the scope of the variable I
defined in configure?. Or I need put this in an special place or in a
special way. If I try

make bootstrap "_NATIVE_OBJC_EXCEPTIONS=1"

(I don't know if this is correct) I get the same error. This variable is
really necessary in the latest gnustep packages. So, without this
variable isn't possible test emacs with gnustep. Any advice? Thanks.