Re: Committing new smtpmail.el later tonight

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: Committing new smtpmail.el later tonight
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:07:02 +0200

21/06/11 23:01, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When I call the :save-function from auth-source, it thinks that it's
>> going to save the credentials to ~/.authinfo.gpg, which it shouldn't.
>> What's the proper way to call the function so that the data is saved to
>> ~/.authinfo?
>
> For now I've just altered the priority list in auth-source.el, which
> makes this work well enough for now, and we can tinker with this more
> later.
>
> I am now going to commit the rewritten smtpmail.el.  I've tried testing
> all the error conditions I could think of, but there's probably stuff I
> haven't thought of.
>
> Please give it a try and report back any errors you find.
>
> It's mostly compatible with the previous version, but there are two
> glaring incompatibilities:
>
> `smtpmail-auth-credentials' no longer exists.  That variable could be
> either ~/.authinfo (in which case you're fine -- you won't see any
> difference), or it could be:
>
> - ;;(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials
> - ;;      '(("YOUR SMTP HOST" 25 "username" "password")))
>
> If you had that, you will be prompted for a user name and a password,
> which will then be saved in ~/.authinfo.
>
> Similarly, if you had
>
> - ;;(setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials
> - ;;      '(("YOUR SMTP HOST" 25 "~/.my_smtp_tls.key" "~/.my_smtp_tls.cert")))
>
> then you need to put
>
> machine smtp.whatever.foo port 25 cert-key "~/.my_smtp_tls.key" cert-cert
> "~/.my_smtp_tls.cert"
>
> in your ~/.authinfo file instead.

Just pulled the changes, now I'm confused. Could you update the info on
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusGmail#toc2 ? I get "Must issue a
STARTTLS command first" when I try to send a mail now. I just copied the
config over from the emacswiki page, and I have no idea how to tell the
new code to use STARTTLS.