Re: Buffer names with R2L characters

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Buffer names with R2L characters
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:33:13 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> I don't think we should wait for such a feature and in the meantime
> display "12>FEDCBA>" as buffer name.  I'd like to have a solution,
> even if an interim one, for Emacs 24.1.

Do you think this case will be common enough in practice to be worth
worrying about in the short term?

In my experience redundant buffer/file names are not very common for
_arbitrary_ files.  Rather, they tend to occur with very specific names
where the name is not chosen by the user, but rather is due to some
external standard -- e.g. "Makefile", "*shell*", "README".  But I think
such "standard" names are also more likely to be written just using
ASCII, and so won't tickle this problem.

Do you observe otherwise in your environment?  [hmm, what's Hebrew for
"README"... :]

-Miles

--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde