Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:54:45 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 13:41, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

> ps: I am trying to understand where all this hatred to Richard's
> advocacy comes from. Atleast in emacs-devel it sounds like an outright
> civil war.

I don't think there's any hatred to Richard's advocacy. But at the
moment he talks of "our collaboration" he's making the mistake of
believing that everyone who collaborates in free software does so
motivated by the goals of the free software movement. It's quite
possible to collaborate with Emacs (for example) just because you want
a better Emacs for your own selfish reasons.

    Juanma