Re: org-src.el begin_src/end_src fontification may have been broken rece

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: org-src.el begin_src/end_src fontification may have been broken recently
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:38:31 -0700

Štěpán Němec <address@hidden> writes:

> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

>> JD> Ah yes, probably a mistake.
>               ^^^^^^^^
>               definitely
>
>> JD> If you ask me, I'd say the syntax should allow both, but well, I admit I
>> JD> do that mistake very often… :-)
>>
>> I'd say a mistake shouldn't break Gnus' article display :)  Can that be
>> fixed in org.el or in Gnus?  It seems to me org.el is the right place.
>
> What is there to fix in org.el? In Org, when you use some bogus
> delimiter like #+begin_src:, the block simply won't work. If Gnus
> article display is broken, it should obviously be fixed in Gnus, no?

I have the following altered function definition in my personal
configuration which fixes (well, papers over) the problem.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun mm-display-org-inline (handle)
    "Show an Org mode text from HANDLE inline."
    (condition-case nil
        (mm-display-inline-fontify handle 'org-mode)
      (error (mm-insert-part handle))))
#+end_src

It is not clear to me why Org-mode fontification would only throw errors
when called from `mm-display-inline-fontify'.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/